Thursday, August 2, 2012

Something old, something new . . .

Old + New = Delicious!
My garden is coming in--finally--and I'm enjoying its bounty.





This week the cubanelle peppers were beautiful.  My cousin mentioned that she'd stuffed sweet peppers this week so I took the opportunity to use up some leftover nacho fixings.

I mixed browned ground beef with cheese dip and shredded cheese.  Then I washed and seeded the peppers before slitting them down the side.  I stuffed each with the ground beef mixture, then sprinkled more shredded cheese on top.

I baked in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the peppers were tender and the cheese browned.

I served the peppers with roasted asparagus.  Yum!

So, mix a little of this, and a few of that, and enjoy that garden!

What's cooking in your kitchen?

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cooking? Thank you for commenting!