Sunday, December 14, 2014

Fast Festive Treats: No-Fail Microwave Fudge

While I'd like to tell you that I have all the time in the world for preparing holiday treats--like our family's Traditional Dipped Fruit--but this year has been extremely busy.  It's been so hectic that I finally prepared my first batch of fudge just a few days ago.

My daughter is working, and in need of treats for office holiday parties, so I shared my Always-Reliable Microwave Fudge recipe with her.  I do have a more traditional recipe, but it can be affected by humidity, so I've been relying more and more on the microwave recipe.  Here 'tis; I hope you find it as fool-proof as I have.
Cut into 1" squares.

Always-Reliable Microwave Fudge

1 pound confectioner's sugar (sifted)
1/2 cup cocoa (sifted)
1/2 stick of butter (4 tablespoons)
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup pecans (optional)
1 t. vanilla

In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together the sugar and cocoa.  On top, add the butter and milk, but do not stir.  Microwave for 2 minutes.

Immediately, stir in vanilla and nuts.  This sets up very quickly.  Spread about 1/2" thick on waxed paper and chill until firm, about 15 minutes.  Cut into 1" squares as it is very rich.

Serve on a lovely paper doily or in tiny fluted candy papers.

You'll be the hit of the party!

What's cooking in your Savory kitchen?

Nancy



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cooking? Thank you for commenting!